How to secure your workers from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)?
Every year 500+ workers start suffering from HAVS.
Tips to prevent HAVS:
- Provide workers with ISO/ASNI Certified AntiVibration Gloves:
- Workers should keep fingers, hands and the body warm
- For pneumatic tools, workers should keep the cold exhaust air away from their hands and fingers.
- Workers should grip tools as lightly as possible consistent with safe working practices.
- Workers should prevent continuous exposure by taking frequent short breaks or by using regular task rotation.
- Workers should avoid smoking (nicotine constricts the blood vessels which reduces the circulation in the hands and fingers).